Holistic Life Planner Certification Course
Welcome to Your Holistic Life Planner (HLP) Certification Course!
During your journey to becoming a certified HLP you will be learning many tools to support your clients as well as your own success and wellbeing. This course is designed to give you the tools and skills needed for a successful business and a fulfilling life.
Your first step will be to download all of the course documents:
- Course Slideshow – Download Now
- Personal Financial and Legal Inventory – HLP Personal Organizer
- Values Elicitation, Personal Goals, and Delegation Exercise – Download Now – HLP Goal Setting
- $1M at Age 65 Chart – Download Now
- 25 Year Vision Generic Example – Download Now
- Are you an Emotional Investor – Reacting can hurt – Download Now
- Articulating Values – Download Now
- Cyber Hygiene Spreadsheet – Download Now
- Cyber Hygiene – Download Now
- Dollar Cost Averaging – Download Now
- Early vs Delayed Start – Download Now
- Get Started Now – Download Now
- Life Operating System example – Download Now
- Lump Sum Compound Chart – Download Now
- Markets have rewarded discipline – Download Now
- Monthly Compound Chart – Download Now
- Performance vs Profits – Download Now
- The Art of Delegation – Download Now
- The Cost of Procrastination – Download Now
- Theory vs Reality – Download Now
- Vision Casting Brad and Beth – Download Now
- Volatility – Download Now
Please be sure to read ALL information below.
- Certification Requirements
- Certification Requirement Details
- HLP Textbook
- HLP Certification Overview
Please be sure to join our private student group on Facebook. You will need to send a request and include your student account information in order to join. This group is where you can post questions and get support from both IWA instructors as well as fellow students. To join the group click HERE
You may also get support via email at email@example.com or you may schedule a call with an instructor by clicking HERE
You will need to complete and submit all the assignments below within six months of registration. Once you pass all the assignments, you will be mailed your certification.
- Complete a Personal Financial and Legal Inventory
- Conduct a Values Elicitation Exercise in the “What’s Important About…?” format
- Conduct a Personal Goals and Delegation Exercise
- Final Exam
- Final Practicum
Certification Requirement Details
- Complete the ‘client intake/personal history’ document in Module 1 Unit 5. It is important to fill it out PRIOR to taking the class so that you will be able to be uninfluenced in your answers. You will use your own client intake as part of your assignments.
- We encourage you to email IWA the ‘Client Intake/Personal History’ form back to us when you complete it, however that is not required. It will however help us help you in this process.
- Once you have completed the ‘Client Intake/Personal History’ begin your classes! It is important to go through the classes IN ORDER. Each class builds upon the last.
- Once you have completed all of the online classes and your assignments (the 30-Day Action Plan and Wellness Journal), submit your work in the online course or email to IWA. Please use one of these formats when uploading or emailing your work (.doc, .pdf, .jpg, .png, .jpeg, or .gif). Then continue to proceed with the final exam portion and finally the practicum.
- After we receive your assignments, the completed final exam and the practicum, please allow 14 days to respond with your progress. When you have successfully pass by 70% we will mail you your certification!
We also offer a companion text, Stop Trying to Keep Up With The Joneses: They’re Broke Anyway, for sale that students find very helpful. The textbook is not required to complete the course or to learn the material. The online course classes are audio and video. Some people learn best from reading and this is why we also provide that option. If you are interested in purchasing the companion text, please purchase directly through Amazon by clicking HERE or for the Kindle version click HERE
HLP Certification Overview
HLP Certification requires submitting and passing the following assignments:
- Personal Financial and Legal Inventory
- Values Elicitation, Personal Goals, and Delegation Exercise
- Coaching Practicum
- Final Exam
The final exam is ‘open book’ this means you can use your notes, review audio class sections online, and refer to your textbook. The directions for the ‘client work’ or ‘coaching’ aspect of the certification are outlined below:
- Read all directions in the certification.
- Do a first session with a volunteer client to complete a full Personal Financial and Legal Inventory (or have them complete it in advance and use the session to review).
- Do a second session with the same volunteer client where you conduct a Values Elicitation Exercise in the “What’s Important About…?” format (asking powerful questions). Include Personal Goal Milestones in the appropriate format, and a delegation exercise.
- Write down notes for your recommendations along with the questions you asked and their answers.
- Submit your notes, the completed forms and exercises, and all of the recommendations you gave your client.
Some of our students have found that recording audio of their session allowed them to then go back and listen to the process and write down everything more accurately. If that would be helpful for you to do, get client permission to record the sessions first. You may not submit audio files for your assignments, they must be written.
We recommend that you follow up with your ‘client’ a few days later to check in, see how they are doing, and ask them for feedback from their experience being coached by you.
Please take the time to fill out the feedback form as this is the way we better the course and the student experience for students in the future! Thank you in advance for helping us make IWA courses an even better learning experience and process!
Please review the certification course thoroughly before beginning and email us if you have any questions or need clarification. Most importantly ENJOY this first step to becoming a Holistic Life Planner!
If you have any additional questions regarding the exam please do not hesitate to reach out! We are here to support you!