Integrative Somatic Practitioner Certification Course (SPC)
Welcome to your Integrative Somatic Practitioner Certification!
When the central nervous system is calm and safe, the mind becomes clearer. Life becomes more effectively lived. Thriving becomes possible. Everything that shows up in the physical body is feedback. The body is always talking to us, it is our job to learn to listen, honor and respond.
Somatization is the name used when emotional distress is expressed by physical symptoms. Everyone experiences somatization at times. Examples include your heart beating fast or butterflies in your stomach when you feel nervous or muscles becoming tense and sore when you feel angry or under stress. Ever since people’s responses to overwhelming experiences have been systematically explored, researchers have noted that a trauma is stored in somatic memory and expressed as changes in the biological stress response.
The Somatic Practitioner Certification Course trains and equips you to help people more effectively deal with stress, anxiety, depression and trauma through effective tools and techniques that empower individuals to increase their capacity for stressors, process and release stuck stress and trauma and even better understand and re-write the neural pathways (behavior patterns) that have developed as a result of current and past stuck emotions.
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Effectively work with clients in-person or virtually around the world
- Effectively apply this material to somatic practitioner services in private practice
- Be certified through IWA as a Somatic Practitioner
- Use the following initials after your name: CSP (Certified Somatic Practitioner) or CISP (Certified Integrative Somatic Practitioner)
- Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts so that our emails do not accidentally go into your junk folder.
- Join the student Facebook group here:
We use this group to post announcements, allow you to connect with other students for study and practice partners as well as post questions for instructors.
If you ever have the need to speak with an instructor for more in depth support you can schedule a call by using the link below:
- The course is designed in a learn-do-practice model
- View ALL classes in order.
- Complete all assignments before moving on to the exam and practicum. You will be your own first client and practice on yourself. This is designed to move the intellectual understanding deep into the body as experiential knowledge. Assignments can be uploaded into the ASSIGNMENTS area in your online course.
- Complete your final exam online and then move on to your practicum.
- Conduct your practicum following the practicum guidelines and requirements using another IWA student as your volunteer client. You can post a request for a volunteer client within the private student Facebook group.