Ever hear that saying ‘you are what you eat’? Well, there’s some truth that! Nutrition is a HUGE part of health, wellness & well-being.
What we eat is not only fuel and nutrients for the body, it provides what we need to live… it is our prevention and our medicine. Foods give us ENERGY. Not energy the way you may think of sugar or carbs giving you a boost. I am talking about actual energy, frequency or vibration. Every food has a different level of energy. Some foods have less energy and are closer to the energy level of non-living things… (yup, like a rock), while other foods are vibrant with living energy, like microgreens with their rich plant stem cells.
Now listen, I am not a fan of obsessive and limiting eating habits… I believe in BALANCE! Balance for your body and your life will look different someone else’s. So read on and see what you can apply to yourself in a way that is BALANCED FOR YOU…
When we give our bodies more living energy and higher vibrational foods we are healthier, more energized and our systems are more physically balanced which means –
- Our hormones are more balanced
- Our organs & systems function more optimally
- Our immune system is stronger & more effective
- Our mind and emotions are more balanced
- We can more effectively keep injury, illness and disease at bay
So what are LIVING FOODS anyway?
Does that mean eating a vegan raw diet? No. It means that you MOVE AWAY FROM OR DECREASE DEAD ENERGY FOODS WHILE MOVING TOWARDS ADDING MORE LIVING FOODS THAT ARE HIGHER ON THE LIVING ENERGY SCALE.
All things in balance!
This is my LIVING FOODS ENERGY SCALE –
Below are some examples of foods and which category they fall under –
Dead Energy Foods
- Processed foods
- Fast food
- Refined sugar (candy, sweets, etc.)
- Canned foods
Lesser Energy Foods
- Processed meats or animal products treated with hormones & antibiotics
Neutral Energy Foods
- Meats, eggs or animal products that are organic, grass fed (not fed grain, soy or GMO), NOT treated with hormones & antibiotics
- Beans (legumes)
Living Energy Foods
- Organic fruits (non GMO)
- Lightly steamed organic & non GMO veggies
Highest Energy Foods
- Raw organic non GMO veggies
- Organic sprouts & microgreens (plant stem cells)
I invite you to begin adding more of the higher energy foods and eating less of the lower energy or dead energy foods for 30 days in this challenge…
30 DAY EXPERIMENT
- Start by writing down in a journal all of the things that are currently going on in your mind, body, heart and spirit – this can be any positive or negative thing like being over-weight, low energy, sleeping well or not enough, feeling stressed out or feeling balanced, etc. This journal entry will act as a measuring stick to compare your results to at the end of 30 days.
- Make a 30-day commitment to adding more of the higher energy foods and eating less of the lower energy or dead energy foods
- Drink more water each day – start where you are and add more from there
- During the 30 days also try to practice self-care including exercise
- Whenever you are able to take a successful step forward with adding more high energy foods, decreasing lower energy foods or increasing exercise or other self-care make a note of it along with the date in your journal
- At the end of the 30 days go back through and read you’re the first journal entry and any entries since
- Next, write another journal entry that lists where your health and wellbeing is now after the 30 days. Make sure to list all of those ‘things’ or issues from the beginning and how they have now changed or resolved. Also list any other benefits or changes in your mind, body, heart and spirit.
- Finally… celebrate your growth and then make a list of future goals and a game plan of what to keep adding or decreasing!!!!