16 IWLC Certification
IWLC Certification Overview
IWLC Certification requires submitting and passing the following assignments:
- 30-Day Action Plan
- Client Intake and History
- 30-Day Wellness Journal
- Coaching Practicum
- Final Exam
The final exam is ‘open book’ this means you can use your notes, review audio class sections online, and refer to your textbook. The directions for the ‘client work’ or ‘coaching’ aspect of the certification are outlined below:
1. Read all directions in the certification.
2. Do a first session with a volunteer client to complete a full Client Intake and History.
3. Do a second session with the same volunteer client where you will have them complete the graph, ask powerful questions, and recommend additional tools and techniques (for example a forgiveness technique, meditation, visualization or a budget.)
3. Write down notes for your recommendations along with the questions you asked and their answers.
4. Submit your notes, the completed forms and exercises (such as the graph), and all of the recommendations you gave your client.
Some of our students have found that recording audio of their session allowed them to then go back and listen to the process and write down everything more accurately. If that would be helpful for you to do, get client permission to record the sessions first.
We recommend that you follow up with your ‘client’ a few days later to check in, see how they are doing, and ask them for feedback from their experience being coached by you.
Please take the time to fill out the feedback form as this is the way we better the course and the student experience for students in the future! Thank you in advance for helping us make IWA courses an even better learning experience and process!
Please review the certification thoroughly before beginning and email us if you have any questions or need clarification. Most importantly ENJOY this first step to becoming an Integrative Life Coach!
If you have any additional questions regarding the exam please do not hesitate to reach out! We are here to support you!
Integrative Wellness Academy